Thursday, January 24, 2008

New year, new librarian!

Hello! I'm the newest librarian at the Loyola/Notre Dame Library, and I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Alison Cody, and I joined the staff earlier this month as Public Relations/Instruction Librarian. I have an MS in Library and Information Science from Simmons College in Boston, Mass., and a BA in English from Boston University. My background includes working as a writer and copyeditor and as an assistant webmaster. I also have experience teaching workshops on new technologies.

At the library, I'll work with the Research & Instruction Services department to provide reference service and library instruction sessions. In the next couple of weeks, I will start to serve as the liaison librarian for the Communication Department and the Department of Writing at Loyola, and the Communication Arts Department at Notre Dame. I'll also be working with other library staff on some public relations and marketing projects--first up is the annual Faculty Scholarship Celebration later this semester. Stay tuned for more!

If you have any questions or comments about the library or the programs and services we offer, I would love to hear them. You can e-mail me at acody3@loyola.edu or acody@ndm.edu, call me at 617-6835, or drop by the library and ask for me at the Research Assistance desk.

No comments: